CxO Briefing: Chris Savage, CEO & Co-Founder - Wistia
Back in June, I interviewed Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz of Wistia for The VentureFizz Podcast. During that episode, we went into the details about the history of the company, their growth, and reasoning behind their stock buyback decision a couple of years ago, versus selling the company.
Well, in just a matter of months, a lot has already happened at the company, so I interviewed Chris for our CxO Briefing series to bring everyone up to speed. We discuss:
- The launch of Brandwagon, a talk show for marketers and the company's recent event called Change the Channel.
- How marketing is shifting and the importance of brand affinity marketing.
- The release of a new product called Wistia Channels, to help market and promote video content.
- Growth of the marketing team including a Director of Audience Development and a Director of Customer Growth & Acquisition, plus other marketing positions.
- A deep dive into the Director of Customer Growth & Acquisition position.
- Why now is the ideal time to join Wistia!