Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
We continue to scale our IT organization and Infrastructure to meet the demands of a fast pace, high growth enterprise security software company.
Carbon Black is looking to grow its existing Information Technology team with the addition of seasoned and highly skilled Windows Systems Administrator. You’ll be responsible for day-to-day system administration of a variety of Windows systems and infrastructure, both workstations and servers running Windows 7 through 10 and Server 2008 up through Server 2016. You will participate in the support of Active Directory infrastructure and Engineering builds services and other product delivery components.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record and be able to work on projects from the research and design phases through implementation and “production” support stages. Professional interaction with other groups, team members, project managers and vendors is part of our holistic approach. Keeping up-to-date with manufacturer study and certifications are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with Engineering and Service team customers with specific technical project or product responsibilities.
- Monitor and manage enterprise IT and related systems
- Perform break/fix operations on system components
- Support enterprise Windows based infrastructure
- Plan and execute system deployments and upgrades
- Manage patching technologies
- Install applications
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of Windows Systems Administration experience
- Windows systems administration experience and troubleshooting
- Experience administrating patching using WSUS and/or System Center Configuration Manager
- OS build imaging and automation, especially using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP in a mixed environment
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Ability to automate routine administration tasks using PowerShell scripting
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtualization
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience integrating a multi-platform environment with Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Occasional exceptional hours as needed during critical project milestones or release cycles
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.