The Grommet is looking for a self-starter to join our Website Operations team (SiteOps) as a contractor. The best fit for this role will be an intellectually curious, motivated person who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment. The Website Operations Assistant will primarily build SKUs, organize data, and publish content such as images, copy, audio-visual assets, metadata, tags, descriptions, and attributes to provide accurate and rich product information on our two platforms: The Grommet and The Grommet Wholesale.
- Build SKUs and publish product pages to our rapidly growing ecommerce catalog
- Understand the impact of product information on the customer shopping experience
- Maintain back-end website configurations
- Troubleshoot website errors
- Implement quality assurance projects for website content and catalog settings
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated excellence with attention to detail
- Proficient with Excel and Google Apps
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with website publishing, basic HTML, or Google Analytics is a plus
- 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday during office hours
- Availability for a 6-month period
- Access to T or flexibly to find own parking, no onsite parking is available
Some of the Good Stuff:
Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing company.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We’re building a disruptive product launch platform and we’re dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It’s perfect for gift giving.
Competitive hourly rate
Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s start-up industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What is your ideal career path over the next few years?
- Let us know your ideal schedule and your available start date.