KAYAK is looking for smart, enthusiastic web developers to take our industry-leading website to the next level. Our team is constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. We're building the compelling user experiences that keep our product a step ahead of the competition. If you're an experienced engineer who wants to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, then we'd love to hear from you.
- 2-5 years experience developing real world web applications preferred
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Portfolio of complex sites you've worked on
- Ability to speak competently about contemporary web technologies
- Solid understanding of jQuery, or a similar JS library
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Experience with Java (or a similar object-oriented language like C#)
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment
- SQL experience is a plus, but not required
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has local sites in more than 40 countries and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions