Monday May 13, 2013
FlipKey is hiring a Web Developer to support our growing engineering team and site. FlipKey is the second largest vacation rental site in the world and we’re passionate about giving travelers choice beyond traditional hotels, and need you to help us scale efficiently and wow customers.
Our mission is to help travelers find and book the right vacation rental in a global marketplace that is safe and fun. We’re backed by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website and maintain a vibrant, startup-like team, operating out of a cool and growing office located in downtown Boston.
The Web Developer will join our existing core Web Development team and will handle an assortment of typical Web Development related duties. This includes, but is not limited to, building web pages, carrying out complex backend software architectures, and optimizing SQL queries.
- Minimum of 2 professional years of experience.
- 2+ years of Web Development experience using LAMP and/or comparable open source technologies.
- Solid foundation of PHP, Python or equivalent web suitable language.
- Experience with multiple MVC web frameworks.
- A deep appreciation for Open Source technologies and a passion for the Internet.
- Good communication, writing, and teamwork abilities.
- A desire to be a key part of building an industry leading service.
- Extensive database experience, MySQL preferred. NoSQL a plus.
- More Pluses: A strong eye for design and/or graphic design capability, CakePHP experience, Python experience.
FlipKey is a leading vacation rental website featuring the world's largest collection of authentic vacation rental guest reviews. FlipKey currently has more than 160,000 vacation rental properties around the world, which offer travelers great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home. FlipKey is owned by TripAdvisor, LLC and helps power the vacation rental experience on TripAdvisor, which is the world's largest travel website. We have been named a "Top Vacation Rental Site" by Travel + Leisure Magazine and have been mentioned across a wide variety of top tier media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, USA Today, MSNBC, SmartMoney, and the LA Times. FlipKey offers competitive salaries and benefits, including attractive health/dental and vacation plans, and a fun, collaborative team environment.