Who you are
You are typically the most curious person in the room and don’t give up until you find a solution to very complex challenges. You are always aware of the technology landscape because it’s in your blood and your passion for jumping in to play with new gadgets is infectious. You are also talented at communicating complex solutions to those who don’t have the technical affinity that you have. The unique ability to explain a technical concept to those who aren't as technical is something we understand because our team embodies this rare skill.
We are looking to grow our team and if this is something that’s sounds familiar because it’s describing you – please continue as it gets even better!
What you will do
Percussion is the Web Content Management platform of choice for those non-commerce sites that desire a modern, engaging, and scalable system to support millions of gigabytes of content and millions of daily page views. You will lead customer engagements and be the key technical resource. You will be responsible for supporting Percussion’s content management solutions, Percussion CMS & Percussion Rhythmyx. The role is a high-level, professional technical web application design and product deployment position. This role includes performing complex design, product training, and best practice implementation of Percussion products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive of duties of the position):
- Web Design – Develop high quality web applications & web sites for customers (internal/external). These applications should conform to the application design specifications that have been outlined in the project document and/or consultant led Workshop sessions. Insure customer success with Percussion products through successful engagements.
- Business Development - Explore and expand upon relationships with existing customers. Educate customers on Percussion products and offerings; assist Sales and Marketing departments in customer calls and visits.
- Project Management - Interact positively with customers holding pre-engagement, status, code review, deployment, and post deployment meetings. Effectively manage time, customer and Percussion expectation, and resources on all projects. Track and log hours and coordinate with Finance on project invoicing and billing. Improve procedures to assist with better managing projects and customers.
- Communication - Positively communicate internally with company management and all departments within Percussion on projects and assignments. Continuously work toward resolving issues, finding optimal solutions, and arriving at resolutions quickly and smoothly. Make sure management is aware of changes, issue escalation, next steps, and general project status. Create documentation and receive sign off (from both customer and manager) on any changes or scope change requests. Clearly communicate customer feature requests and defect reports from the field to Product Management.
- Leadership Quality - Take a strong leadership role with the Professional Services Organization, Percussion, and customer.
- Superior project management & organization skills in a team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong self-motivated follow-through on tasks, requests, and projects
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing role
High levels of competency in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of the complete LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design (CSS, HTML, JS, JQuery, etc.)
Strong pluses include:
- Consulting Experience integrating web applications in LAMP environments
- Firm grasp of web framework/patterns; JQuery, Foundation, Responsive Design
- Knowledge of at least one Object Orientated language: Java, C#, Coldfusion and/or C++
- Experience in other databases aside from MySQL: Derby, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Web and Application server administration; IIS, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Experience with Content Management software and Enterprise Web Applications, any prior exposure to Percussion products would be a strong plus
Percentage of time spent on technology:
- 10% of your time will be coding using an Object Orientated language (PHP5, C#, Java)
- 10% of your time will be doing design, development and administration on database and web servers
Percentage of time spent on actions:
- 25% of your time will be design and architecture of system integration
- 60% of your time will be spent on implementation / integration and coding
- 15% of your time will be doing light web server administration
EDUCATION: BA/BS in CS, Engineering, Math, or Business (or equivalent work experience)
Located just minutes from Boston, Percussion Software offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K plan. There is also a free health club in the building.
Percussion is an EEO/AA employer.