We are looking for a Lead Front End Engineer who can own the next wave of change in our website and app. You’ll be responsible for making decisions about what libraries and technologies we should use in our product, as well as implementing those decisions and bringing new functionality to life. Front End should be your passion, but you should be a well-rounded engineer as well; you should be able to hold your own looking through Java server code or discussing broader architecture with the rest of the engineering team. The code you write will power a wide range of products and services; from the core Runkeeper experience to our growing eCommerce site as well as marketing initiatives like the Global 5K, you’ll have a hand in everything.
In addition to your technical skill, you should be comfortable mentoring more junior Front End engineers, as well as serving as a subject matter expert for the rest of the engineering team. As one of the first Front End Engineer’s on a well-established engineering team, you’ll have an opportunity to create your own career path and grow as the Front End team grows, be it technically or through leadership.
- Craft a technical strategy for front-end architecture across all our products
- Directly contribute to our eCommerce, Marketing, and Core products on the web.
- Mentor other team members to foster more front end engineering expertise across the team
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, and Design to deliver complete solutions
- 7+ years of web development experience
- Experience with JSP and Java a plus
- Strong communication and organizations skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree