The Director, Retention & Customer Engagement will play a critical role in retaining and developing existing customers through owned marketing channels in our Boston, MA location. This role is responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing activities that drive repeat sales, build loyalty, increase basket size and engage our customers with relevant, action-inspiring messaging.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and develop a customer experience / CRM vision and strategy. Create a detailed roadmap for customer activation leveraging owned marketing channels (site, email, app, etc.).
- Build a best-in-class team of marketers with extensive experience across multiple channels to deliver on our vision.
- Develop customer segmentation and audience targeting strategies. Use segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each customer’s experience.
- Map and optimize the end-to-end customer journey: Identify places in the customer journey where customers disengage, then develop strategies to pre-emptively identify, win back and retain those customers.
- Develop re-activation strategies against lapsed customers to increase conversion and frequency of visits.
- Establish a predictive & actionable recommendation engine to fuel personalization across email, in-box, & mobile channels.
- Establish detailed KPI’s and measure and report performance of all programs, to include creating test and learn plans to improve KPI’s based on experience.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams in developing and executing CRM strategies.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years experience in B2C lifecycle marketing, engagement marketing, or CRM, with a solid track record of successfully managing B2C email marketing campaigns at scale.
- Experience leading CRM in recurring revenue based business model (subscriptions).
- Proven track-record of building and developing high-performing teams.
- Results-driven with proven quantitative and analytical skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of ecommerce marketing tactics and ability to integrate across channels.
- Proven experience in planning, delivering, and measuring marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with product, tech and data teams.
- An ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines.