edX is searching for a VP of Sales to help propel edX growth. In this role you will report directly to the edX President and play an integral part in the development and execution of edX’s sales and sales operations. You will have an opportunity to shape the future of education in a fast moving start up environment where results count.
We are looking for a high energy, results-oriented, experienced sales and business development professional with a strong track record for building and leading sales, and sales operations organizations. The successful candidate will be ready to grow and lead a team and who is flexible enough to pivot where the market or team may require in a fast paced, technology enabled on-line world. If you like a build out...this is it! From systems and processes to managing and about 30% selling...this role is a build!
- Lead and manage the Sales, Sales Operations, and Business Development team of 4-5 including open positions.
- Expertly represent edX’s products, vision, value proposition and solutions to US and international audiences. Create and deliver compelling external presentations to opinion leaders, prospects, and industry influencers.
- As a member of the edX executive team, provide thought leadership on the direction of the industry, including competitive analysis and customer preferences, to inform edX strategy and planning. Provide insights on products and services that are gaining market momentum.
- Develop a sales and business development strategy to support edX strategy and growth objectives.
- Design and Implement highly scalable and effective processes and systems to measure activity and effectiveness. Develop performance dashboards (based on set goals) and establish a process/cadence for regular reporting on sales performance
- Champion, evangelize and sell edX education experiences that would solve customer, corporate and government learning challenges across. This includes sales of bulk seats via a variety of integration options and identifying business development opportunities that would increase distribution of edX courses.
- Create and implement OKR's and targets both for operational effectiveness and financial results.
- Design incentives and compensation plans to align interests to key result targets
- Build and manage a high performing sales operations team. Develop and implement sales operations processes that will enable rapid scaling and effectively supports the sales organization and its customers.
- Meet sales and business development goals set for your team and personally meet your individual goals by personally identifying opportunities and driving them from inception to closure.
- Prepare and present presentations to the Board, Executive team and company on strategy, progress and results.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong track record for leading high performing sales, sales operations and business development teams and achieving goals. At least 5-7 years in leadership roles.
- In-depth experience growing and managing sales operations teams and processes.
- Desire to understand educational trends, and a passion for the opportunity that is evolving in this space.
- Proven inspirational leader that can motivate the team to achieve clearly defined goals. Makes everyone better to get most results out of the team as it scales.
- Embraces edX culture, leadership style and competencies. Coach team in that model and role model to team.
- Experience in, or understanding of, a rapidly growing startup culture is ideal.
- Highly analytical and strong emotional intelligence.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of edX and partner organizations.
- Travel as necessary, estimated at about 25%.