The Vice President Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership in developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The Vice President Human Resources provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and to the board of directors.
The Vice President Human Resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the policies and practices of the Corporation, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the software industry, newly public companies and all of industry in general.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm’s vision and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall company business objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Working with the firm’s executive management, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the firm.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR function by overseeing career development, succession planning, retention, training and leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- Develop programs to allow the corporation to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and community relations.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluation of the human resource department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Human Resources Generalist capabilities (including but not limited to compensation and benefits, organizational development and employee relations).
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking,
- Technical Capacity.
- HRIS Systems
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Presentation Skills.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Education/ Work Experience
Requires a human resources executive with a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience, preferably with fast growth technology companies. Preference will be given to those with public company experience as well as those with strong international backgrounds. Must be be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives; be able to work with a variety of organizational leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics; have a demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management; as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
The selected executive must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity. Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university.
- MBA/MA/PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Senior HR certification (SHRM-SCP).
- Travel as appropriate to implement strategic HR initiatives approximately 15-25%.
- Has previous experience as a Vice President Human Resources (i.e. – the senior-most HR professional in an organization).
About the Company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company’s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to “Making a Difference,” Everbridge was recently named a “Best Place to Work” by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.