Take the lead in designing the software that drives a global startup renaissance as the UX Designer at MassChallenge. The MassChallenge team and in-house software have accelerated thousands of startups worldwide. Work with our Product Manager and Engineering team to bring consistency, simplicity, and ease-of-use to the MassChallenge experience.
The UX Designer will focus on the MassChallenge Accelerate Platform. Accelerate is the web application that coordinates thousands of participants in MassChallenge world-wide. Our goal is to build the dominant software platform for all startup accelerators. To achieve this goal, we need a full time UX professional to design the platform to be beautiful and easy to use.
- Design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions for our Accelerate web application.
- Report to the Product Manager to communicate your design vision and incorporate feedback.
- Own the entire design cycle from initial sketches through guiding final implementation.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Conduct user research with the Product Manager and iterate on designs using quantitative analysis and UI best practices
- Work with the Brand Manager to create a brand-aligned style guide for our software.
- Propose UX and design-related process improvements.
- Manage many, concurrent projects in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work as part of the engineering team in an agile software development environment.
- Advocate for UX company-wide and be an approachable expert in all things design.
- 4-year degree (B.S. or B.A.), in a related field (computer science, design, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience developing, designing and documenting complex web or desktop software. Mobile and responsive design experience is a plus.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles and usability heuristics. Articulate the reasoning behind design decisions and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to create polished, professional UIs that anticipate and accommodate the needs of users.
- Experience in a startup environment using agile methodologies preferred.
MassChallenge Inc. is a global startup accelerator with programs in Boston, London, Lausanne, Jerusalem, and Mexico City. We are the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we provide startups with what they need to succeed. This includes free office space, mentoring, workshops and our global business network. We are a small, growing team getting a lot done! If you want a challenging and rewarding career in the center of the startup ecosystem, this opportunity is for you!