User Interface Designer
Monday October 22, 2012
Alleyoop is a new online education venture intent on making
meaningful changes in the way young people learn and pursue their goals. We are
a small, entrepreneurial team with large ambitions. Today we work with tens of
thousands of college aspiring learners, but we won’t be satisfied until we
reach millions. We are strongly backed by Pearson (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO), one of
the world's leading media companies, and we feel the urgency to shake up the
status quo in the months ahead. We
value intelligence, decency and humor in our peers. We also value outstanding
results for our customers since our success hinges on their future. Our office
is located in Boston in Copley Square.
This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits
package you’ll be hard-pressed to improve upon. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
- An exceptional portfolio, containing examples of
engaged communities, complex interaction/tools, and customer funnel engagement
- A passion for making users' lives easier, and
leveraging user research and usability studies to do so
- The ability to deliver detailed wireframes, prototypes,
and static assets optimized for web design and delivery
- A strong understanding of the potential of
evolving web technologies
- A reputation for attention to detail in the work you produce and oversee.
- Experience designing consumer and/or teen-facing
applications (a plus)
- Excitement around our goal of making a
substantial and enduring difference to education and learning
- 3+ years product design experience, ideally for
web or mobile
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
and a bias for action.
- Ability to write and edit HTML, CSS, XML, and JSON.
About the Role
The User Interface Designers delivers detailed wireframes for a compelling user experience, making use of tools such as sketching, group ideation, prototypes, wireframes, user stories, and user studies. The successful candidate for the role will be a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better. You will:
- Work closely with the User Experience Designer
to deliver detailed visual/interaction specifications, and ensure fit and
- Design user flows and compelling interactions.
- Translate complex ideas into elegant, intuitive user
- Communicate ideas through compelling
high-fidelity illustrations and prototypes.
- Document behavior of the interface when exposed
to all pertinent use cases.
- Ensure interface designs include proper metrics
collection required to understand effectiveness of features implemented.
- Work closely with front-end developers, and
software engineers to ensure successful implementation of designs.