128 Technology is looking for a user experience (UX) / product designer who can help us create and build our networking software platform that is fixing the internet.
The ideal candidate will be creative, tenacious, and entrepreneurial, with a background and experience in UX, Interaction (IXD), and Visual Design. We are looking for a designer that likes the challenge of taking on complex requirements turning them into amazing experiences that delight technology and business users. You will be working with the design, engineering, and product teams to amaze our customers with functionality that has a high degree of simplicity, elegance, and utility to help our customers and prospects understand and construct their networks in ways that reflect how they operate their business.
- Using increasing fidelity: sketch, wireframe, and prototype designs to be used in our products
- Work to understand and study the needs and motivations of users to apply that knowledge to a User-Centered Design product development process
- Generate and expand upon requirements given by stakeholders to solve customer and market issues by designing world class features and functionality
- Create mockups, icons, and visual assets needed to deliver the detail and fidelity our engineering team needs to implement features on time and with high quality
- Utilize design thinking to help dive into problems and emerge with simple and elegant solutions
- Work with developers through implementation to balance of ease of use versus development effort and time
- Work with marketing, product, and other design team members to help build and maintain the visual design and branding used throughout the company
- BA/BS or Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Art, or a related UX discipline
- A strong portfolio showing your design process from idea to completion across several projects
- 3+ years working as a UX or Product Designer, preferably in a software company
- Understand the principles of data visualization and how to apply them in the product to help drive customer insight.
- Experience using the latest design tools like Sketch, InDesign, Adobe Xd, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Comfortable working in a startup atmosphere, where expectations are high and your role is critical to success of the business
- Experience gathering user data to feed into user-centered design process and inform design designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions to internal stakeholders
- Strong ability to problem-solve and create several potential solutions
- Knowledge of the latest design trends, visual styling, and research
- Interest in analytics, data and monitoring
- Sense of humor
- Strong visual design skills, able to drive and lead the visual design process
- Experience working for a high-tech company
- Good understanding of general cloud computing and/or networking concepts
- Worked with engineering teams using modern frontend stacks like Angular, React, Meteor, Node, Express, etc