User Experience Researcher – Cambridge, MA
Fight Cybercrime and Design the Future UX at Rapid7!
Rapid7 is the fastest growing cybercrime security company. We've got a fully functional and expanding UX team. Our product protects Fortune 1000 companies from cybercrime in lots of clever ways and we need the right UX person to join a powerful team that helps everyday-users easily understand these complex problems, and helps them solve them efficiently and enjoyably.
We’re looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our team in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate will be a customer advocate by fully understanding our customers’ needs and goals. To do this, you will work with cross-product teams to identify research topics. Then, you will plan and execute qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform design decisions across our product suite during the entire product design cycle. Following your analysis, you will deliver exciting oral, written and visual presentations about your findings. The end result will be to convey insights that make our products more intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn for our customers.
- Work with UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and the Research Lead to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, including interviews, contextual inquiry, Usability Testing, Card Sorting, A/B Testing, Surveys, and Heuristic Evaluations.
- Deliver research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- BS. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices, and usability analysis.
- Strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to UX Designers, Product Managers, and Executives.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, including interviews, contextual inquiry, Usability Testing, Card Sorting, A/B Testing, Surveys, and Heuristic Evaluations.
- Must be organized, be able to act independently with general guidance from the Research Lead, and be able to switch rapidly between different projects and tasks within a fast-paced and exciting environment.
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 5,000+ organizations across 100+ countries, including over 35% of the Fortune 1000.