American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional User Experience Design Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The User Experience Design Manager will play a critical role in the Product Management department. Specifically, the User Experience Design Manager will craft, intuitive, seamless workflows for every user of our technology – consumers, health care providers, staff, and administrators. You will represent the end user in a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, Visual Designers, and Product Managers, and be a constant advocate for their perspectives. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use screens and features, in relentless pursuit of an excellent user experience. You will product wireframes, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UX best practices and approaches. If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
At American Well, user experience is at the center of what we do. For the past 10 years, we’ve delivered delightful experiences for our end users, bringing healthcare to millions of people through our suite of web, mobile and kiosk products. We are currently seeking a passionate, creative and self-motivated User Experience Design Manager to join our growing Product Management team.
- Manage all aspects of user experience design, working closely with Visual Designers, UX Designers and Product Managers
- Develop user stories, personas, and workflows to drive feature design process
- Produce detailed wireframes that meet strategic business objectives
- Lead cross-functional design sessions among Product, R&D, QA, and Visual Design teams
- Work collaboratively with Engineering teams to refine workflows and screen design
- Build and refine prototypes of proposed solutions, as needed
- Oversee all user-facing text to synthesize tone, language, and messaging
- Facilitate internal and external usability testing initiatives, pre- and post-launch; synthesize results and suggest improvements to increase user adoption
- 7+ years of experience in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, or a related field
- Practical experience designing clinical applications – work with EMR or Telehealth technologies a big plus
- Desired experience with Google Analytics, JIRA, Slack, and other UX tools
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience designing usable web and mobile interfaces
- Experience in a fast-paced agile software environment; ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Highly creative and inquisitive; able to multitask effectively
Should you join American Well and the Product Management team, you can expect:
Energetic, forward thinking, and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Management team at American Well…This innovative team of 6 manages the product roadmap, designs experiences that delight users, and works closely with current and future customers as the product experts of the American Well family.
The Product Management team has three areas of specialty; Product Manager, UX Interaction Design, and Product Specialist. Each part of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, communicating the product’s value across all other American Well teams and to our customers.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!