User Experience Design Manager
Monday January 21, 2013
177 Huntington Avenue
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 100 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 200 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com.
- We are seeking a bold and forward thinking candidate to manage a high-performing team of interaction designers and visual designers. You and the team are responsible for delivering best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
- You will work closely with product management, engineering, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Manager of User Experience Design reports to the Director of User Experience.
- In addition to managing a team of designers, you will also be responsible for designing the UI for multiple product lines, serving as a resident design expert, and helping teach others in the organization about UX best practices.
We are looking for a User Experience Design Manager who can:
- Lead a high-performing team of interaction designers and visual designers
- Effectively manage and assign priorities and workloads, and forecast staffing needs
- Deliver high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated designs that support and reinforce Carbonite’s product vision, brand, and business objectives
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, wire frames, clickable prototypes, etc.)
- Lead design reviews and build buy-in for your team’s ideas across an organization of very bright, opinionated colleagues
- Build respect and credibility with peers, direct reports, stakeholders, and executives
- Develop and ensure best design practices, processes and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 7+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design
- 2+ years managing design teams. Track record of building successful design teams.
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes, including significant prototyping experience
- Solid knowledge of creative tools and techniques used by digital designers and when to use them appropriately
- • Bachelors degree; Academic credentials in a UX-related field, or equivalent experience