The Grommet is looking for a passionate and collaborative UX/UI designer to join our product and design team. We seek someone who has a strong foundation in UX and UI, who can develop product experiences from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate will take a user-centered approach to design and possess a deep understanding of visual design, interaction, and usability best practices. You will be the lead UX/UI designer working directly with key stakeholders and customers to design the optimal experience for both our B2B and B2C customers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our customers to drive our UX research.
- Work collaboratively with the Product, UX, and Development teams to lead UX/UI design, user research and testing
- Must have strong communication skills and demonstrate effective design leadership
- Develop process flows, decision maps, wireframes, flowcharts, design specifications, working prototypes, and other design assets to document the user experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities of competing projects to support the strategy of the business
- Experience working in a fast-paced and Agile environment
- Comfortable working closely with product and engineering to ideate, design and deliver new product solutions
- Develop and evangelize UX best practices across teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years as a UX/UI designer
- Data-driven approach to defining the best user experience
- An online portfolio that displays an elevated sense of UI and UX best practices as well as in depth process documentation
- Experience working with responsive web design, with an emphasis on a mobile first approach
- Demonstrated skills solving complex user problems with multiple opposing stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BFA/MFA, or equivalent industry experience such as HCI major
- Must have expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Nice to haves: experience with ecommerce and retail centric design, digital media and marketing, and/or graphic and digital design
Some of the Good Stuff:
- Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We’re building a disruptive product launch platform and we’re dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It’s perfect for gift giving.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and yearly bonus incentive plan based on performance
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What is your ideal career path over the next few years?
- Why you are suited to work in a start up?