UI / UX Senior Software Engineer
Monday December 10, 2012
Two Canal Park, 5th Floor
This is a ground-floor startup opportunity to develop a novel "big
data" mining system that will search and index relevant R&D
information throughout the Web. You will help to build a
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that uses cutting-edge techniques
for semantic data integration, entity disambiguation, topic modeling,
and expertise discovery. Unlike most search solutions that just deliver
content, our goal is to identify leading experts and collaborators to
accelerate research and life sciences product development.
Learn more about KNODE»
- Develop and extend the KNODE faceted expertise search user interface and user experience
- Implement lightweight Web APIs and UI widgets to integrate KNODE capabilities into other applications
- Design enhancements to enable expert network connections, e.g., to support technology licensing and business development
- Contribute to overall KNODE system design and architecture decisions
- Various responsibilities as required on an Agile project team.
- BS degree in a technical discipline and 5+ years job experience; or MS in a technical discipline and 2-3 years job experience
- Solid commercial software product development skills for Cloud applications
- Significant experience in complex Web UI development, utilizing server-side Java, Struts, Spring, and AJAX
- Exposure to use of Open Source packages for common capabilities, e.g., jQuery, Solr
- Understand aspects of client-side vs. server-side processing, and resulting changes in network usage
- Familiarity with Web accessibility, internationalization and localization considerations
- Passion for polish; artistic flair with graphic arts, layout, and visual elegance is very desirable.
For full-time employees, KNODE offers a competitive
compensation package which includes medical and dental benefits,
enrollment into a 401(k) plan, 3 weeks of vacation/personal time plus company holidays, and equity stock options.