Are you a hands-on technical writer with a true passion for writing elegant, concise, accurate documentation? Sounds like we should talk.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our team to create both API-level and end-user documentation for SilverRail's web-based travel booking platform. You have a demonstrated ability to manage projects independently and can write content targeted to both business and technical audiences. You have worked in Agile environments before and enjoy collaborating with software developers, quality engineers, and product managers to produce clear, concise, well-written documentation. SilverRail is a small but rapidly-growing company, and this job will provide the opportunity to work on new products and influence software design. As a member of a small team, you’ll have autonomy to take the lead and run projects from start to finish.
Plan, write, and maintain three main types of documentation:
- Developer guides for JSON and SOAP APIs
- End-user UI documentation for client-facing web applications
- Developer guides for micro services and widgets
- Create and test simple code examples to support the documentation
- Work with Product Management, Development, and QA to give feedback and influence software design
- Assist in the overall architecture and design of the documentation set
- Interact with the Support team to analyze and address customers' documentation needs
- Acquire a deep understanding of our company style, tools, and processes.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Drive documentation projects to completion on deadline
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, Journalism, or equivalent
- 3-7 years of software technical writing experience, including writing for a developer audience
- Strong technical aptitude with a proven ability to document APIs
- Excellent writing skills and a broad understanding of technical writing practices
- Understanding of XML, JSON, SOAP, or other web services technologies
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and active style
- Proficiency with Mac OS X, Windows 10, and Microsoft Word
- Capable of learning quickly, working independently, and handling multiple projects
- Previous experience working in an Agile start-up environment
SilverRail is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics.