American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Technical Writer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Technical Writer will play a critical role on Research & Development department. This position can be 100% work from home or located in our Boston office! Specifically, the Technical Writer will:
- Develop specifications, presentations, and other documentation for internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with software developers to edit documentation, web service API references and tutorials
- Produce Software Development Kit (SDK) reference guides and tutorials
- Produce software installation and configuration guides
- Maintain product release notes
- Maintain documentation posted on the company's partner integration web site
- Communicate complex concepts in clear language to technical and non-technical groups
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technical writer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of software development concepts including web services, APIs, SDKs, and release notes
- Motivated self-learner who enjoys digging into new technical topics with limited oversight
- Experience with HTML and Markdown
- Experience with WordPress or other web-based Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or Git
Should you join American Well and the R&D team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks