Waltham, MA or remote-based position.
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Our Customer / Technical Support team is recognized as experts. Our customers will turn to you for technical help or to identify new product solutions for changing needs. You’ll be translating Engineering-speak into clear directions for customers and ensure you’re teaching them best practices. You’ll be compassionate through customer problems while balancing urgency for issue resolution. In the end, you’ll work hard to guarantee customer success.
Why You Matter
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer that is hard-working and committed to customer success. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fun Technical Support team. You will have significant career growth and opportunity with a company that has grown 100% year over year for the past three years!
The TSE is part of a team that is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of Bit9 + Carbon Black solutions. They are, in many ways, the post-sale “face of Bit9 + Carbon Black” and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems.
The TSE will field queries via phone, email and web portal of the CRM solution. Queries will range in complexity from “how to” questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background supporting commercial software that has a passion for diving into complex technical issues and also has an interest in building their Security expertise!
We have an incredibly talented team and a performance based and collaborative culture. You will be able to learn from some extraordinary colleagues and leaders as well as bring your own talents and ideas to the team to help us continue to grow the offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation and deployment of Bit9 + Carbon Black’s software products
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Contribute to documentation, knowledgebase article library and customer forums
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment, ideally an agent based product
- Preferred OSX or Linux platform experience with supporting technologies/products
- Operational experience with MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in the enterprise security space
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Good analysis and debugging skill
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
- Ability to work a day shift with possible responsibilities a few times a month for an on call after hours rotation
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.