Position is Remote in the USA.
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Members of our Services team are recognized as experts. Our customers will turn to you for technical help or to identify new product solutions for changing needs. You’ll be translating Engineering-speak into clear directions for customers and ensure you’re teaching them best practices. You’ll be compassionate through customer problems while balancing urgency for issue resolution. In the end, you’ll work hard to guarantee customer success.
Why You Matter
Carbon Black is seeking a talented, service-oriented individual with technical agility to join the rapidly growing Professional Services team as a Technical Services Consultant. The role of the Technology Services Consultant is to act either as part of a implementation team under the direction of a Project Manager for large service engagements or as the single point of contact for small-to-medium service engagements.
The Technology Services Consultant will provide Carbon Black Customers with technical and best practice guidance, hands-on configuration, implementation support, product training, and in the case of small-to-medium size service engagements, project management oversight. Our implementation service offerings are designed and offered to ensure that new customers have successful implementations and recognize value in their investments.
This role will need to be filled by a resource that is comfortable living in the Customer’s realm as well as building a partnership with cross-functional groups throughout Carbon Black. A strong desire for success and a positive demeanor is essential to this job. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the service-oriented nature of this position, knowledge of security technologies and best practices, and proficiency in Windows and IT technologies. The Technical Services Consultant will also support the efforts to refine and improve our implementation practices.
What You’ll Do
- Work independently as a Technology Services Consultant to fully deploy Carbon Black software at customer sites
- Collect and document technical requirements from customers and configure the Carbon Black software to work within the capabilities of the application for those requirements. Review the configuration decisions that are available to customer and provide expertise and guidance on best practices.
- Provide in-depth onsite and remote technical guidance to new Carbon Black customers to ensure a successful implementation
- For small and medium engagements, perform project management functions including, but not limited to, project planning and definition, project scheduling, project tracking and status/completion reporting
- Responsible for best practices material development and maintenance in concert with Carbon Black product releases
- Work as a fully remote employee based in the Continental US, with up to 20-40% overnight travel
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years field consulting experience, including project management experience
- Experience with multiple operating systems, security policies and terminology
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures, configuration, and management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux configuration and management
- Working knowledge of Mac OS a plus
- Experience delivering a professional services/consulting product
- Ability to create, manage, and maintain project plans
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations
- Security industry experience and/or CISSP Certification (or similar)
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.