Can be based in Waltham, MA or remote.
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Our Support team is recognized as experts. Our customers will turn to you for technical help or to identify new product solutions for changing needs. You’ll be translating Engineering-speak into clear directions for customers and ensure you’re teaching them best practices. You’ll be compassionate through customer problems while balancing urgency for issue resolution. In the end, you’ll work hard to guarantee customer success.
Why You Matter
The Technical Account Manager for the Platinum program is a new critical role in the Support Organization to help ensure the technical health success of our Platinum customers. This is a very proactive role that also works closely with the Account Manager/Customer Success team as part of the Carbon Black Account Team.
The TAM proactively drives the technical health of the Platinum customer through dashboard review, case management, coordinating solutions/priorities, understanding environment/infrastructure, business practices and managing all escalated issues that may occur. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for customer success, and a background supporting end point security products, and who wants to add more value through customer engagement to provide a superior experience. We have an incredibly talented team and a performance based and collaborative culture. You will be able to learn from some extraordinary colleagues and leaders as well as bring your own talents and ideas to the team to help us continue to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer support on all technical support requests from assigned strategic accounts with Platinum level support
- Proactively review the customer dashboard and address any open issues and ensure consistent messaging and appropriate escalation
- Possess a deep understanding of the customers environment, mitigation plans, configuration, important times of the year
- Obtain and coordinate Carbon Black product roadmap and release schedule with customers, including new features relevant to their environment
- Contribute to feedback to PM/Development on product improvements to enhance supportability based on customer experience
- Works with Account Manager/CS team on any potential new and add-on opportunities within accounts, and attend QBR meetings to ensure the customer is in a renewable state
- Works with escalation coordinator to set priorities and establish a technical health plan for open defects and escalated issues
- Regular cadence meetings to review open cases, set priority and ensure solutions are in line with customer deadlines
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of technical support experience; enterprise security space preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Proven leaderships skills and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Excellent analysis and debugging skills
- Programming experience a plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.