System Specialist (UNIX) - Enterprise Systems Services
Friday January 25, 2013
OSRAM Sylvania Headquarters
100 Endicott St
OSRAM SYLVANIA is the #1 lighting manufacturer in North America and a worldwide leader in lighting solutions. Our products feature innovative design and energy saving technology. We sell products for homes, businesses and vehicles primarily under the SYLVANIA brand name in the US, and operate under the OSRAM brand in Europe, China and beyond. Around 60 percent of sales come from energy-efficient products.
Duties for this position will include:
Responsible for optimizing system performance through tuning and configuration management, with focus on the UNIX Operating System (IBM AIX). At regular intervals, assesses the need for systems upgrades, project system growth and resource utilization through trend analysis, and makes upgrades or consolidation recommendations based on these analyses. Responsible for strategic technology planning in assigned technology. Participates in and, when required, leads cross functional problem solving teams. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the state of the art in assigned technology, and applies this knowledge to help resolve business issues. Leads or participates in system architecture design. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex technical problems. Able to make decisions concerning the design, acquisition, and operation of complex, business critical systems.
- Seasoned knowledge and expertise of the operation of many technologies including AIX/UNIX and Linux. Windows O/S knowledge is desirable...
- Excellent understanding of overall IT architecture. Is able to look at overall architecture and make technical decisions on technology we provision.
- Understands large scale storage infrastructure and storage appliances specifically IBM DS and XIV class and EMC storage.
- Understands Virtualization and Cloud Technologies with focus on Power VM.
- Understands IT Infrastructure Project Management.
- Needs to be able to be a self-starter and knows how to proactive management a large corporate infrastructure environment. Capacity Planning and Monitoring skills are desired.
- BS/BA plus minimum 5 yrs relevant experience required.
- Experience with UNIX Server Administration is required.
- Experience with IBM XIVor EMC SAN & Storage Appliances is required.
- Experience with Virtualization (PowerVM) is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, VMware, EMC Networker is desirable.
Along with a highly competitive salary, OSI offers full medical benefits, matching 401K, extensive wellness programs and tuition reimbursement. Our location offers a business casual environment, free parking, an on-site cafeteria, on-site fitness center with classes and a great working environment. If you are thinking about an exciting change and challenge this is the place to be!
OSRAM SYLVANIA wishes to deal directly with our best and brightest candidates.
We do not work with third party recruiters.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all candidates to apply directly to our site.