Help shape the future of transportation for cities, colleges and companies by working for the nation's leading bike share company. Zagster is a fast-growing startup backed by leading transportation investors and based in Cambridge, MA with a mission to make bicycling the world's most loved form of transportation.
We’ve recently raised $10 million in Series B funding and operate more than 140 bike sharing programs, with clients such as Princeton University, Fort Collins Colorado, General Motors and Equity Properties.
The new role of Supply Chain Planner been created to help us scale our supply chain business over the coming months and years. This person will run the day to day execution of coordination with our suppliers and run analyses to support smooth supply chain operations. The ideal candidate will be involved with partners and supplier relationships from early product conception until a product’s end-of-life and with the product management transitions. The Supply Chain Planner will ensure supplier compliance to purchase orders and managing continuous cost reduction to meet financial requirements. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starting, sharply analytical problem-solver with proven planning acumen and the ability to adapt to the Zagster business model.
- Develop and manage daily, weekly and quarterly supply plans to meet quarterly financial revenue plans, while achieving aggressive order cycle time goals and minimizing liability.
- Work directly with suppliers and manage supplier production forecast, execution and performance to plan
- Publish build plan to suppliers after reviewing capacity, materials, and customer demand.
- Coordinate with Sales and Finance teams to report on product availability, set launch quantities and to ensure smooth product transitions.
- Partner with entire supply chain team to determine and execute optimal supply chain for all product shipments, incorporating both cost and customer service metrics.
- Present product status updates on a regular basis to cross-functional team.
- Drive cross-functional supply and demand process improvements
- You have 2-4 years of planning and physical supply chain experience
- You have a degree in a technical field, such as engineering, business, or supply chain
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- You have strong planning and organizational skills
- You have experience in tops-down, bottoms-up planning
- You are comfortable and confident making decisions and recommendations grounded in data
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment that embraces change
- You have a bias towards action, results-focused and detail-oriented
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a solid understanding of supply chain financials and profitability KPIs