The Account Management team’s mission is to make distinctive, lasting, and substantial relationships with Restaurants focusing on unlocking Toast's value, advocating for them within Toast, and ensuring mutual success. They are the customer’s (in this case, a restaurant location or group) long-term key advocate within Toast, creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the renewal of the subscription. We ensure any major issues get resolved, gather feedback on Toast as a product and a team and closing that feedback loop with the toast team, bringing that customer to a state where they are an advocate for toast, and up-sell the customer on additional hardware, modules, and contracts guaranteeing service with Toast.
As Strategic Account Manager, you’ll inherit a high performing national Enterprise and Mid-Market account portfolio, develop relationships with them, and act as a single point of contact. You will be accountable for client satisfaction, reference-ability, and revenue growth of that portfolio. The Strategic Account Manager works cross functionally to tackle customer issues and work toward resolution as well as advocate on the customer’s behalf. Our strategic account base has a high level of professionalism, complexity, size, and expectations and so you should have precise organization, clear communication, and experience in high level customer facing roles.
- Maintain solid relationships with customers who have been assigned to you
- Drive satisfaction in customers so that they become Toast Evangelists
- Understand the Toast team as a whole and who the best person is to solve any issue or request for a customer
- Issue escalation: know when your customer is dealing with major issues and facilitate the escalated issue to resolution by knowing the right person to escalate the issue to and checking with them to ensure resolution
- Operate as an advocate for the customer in the product: processing feature requests and ideas for improvements and passing them to the product team
- Identify and upsell new opportunities into customers where applicable: newer or additional hardware, additional modules, or moving to contracts or renewing existing hardware.
- Encourage expansion of Toast within new locations and the remainder of account groups you manage.
- Execute customer requests to purchase or replace hardware
- Coordinate with customer, business users and decision makers to ensure timely contract and subscription renewals
- Update and maintain our customer database (salesforce) with their current satisfaction levels, account management activity, issues, and other details related to the above responsibilities.
- Maintain knowledge and list of Toast Evangelists to assist sales in making new deals.
- Churn accounts: when a customer does decide to leave Toast, gather feedback about their experience, attempt to save if possible and if not, deactivate their account, and update SalesForce.