QuickBase is revolutionizing the way people work by enabling professionals to develop their own cloud-based applications for driving vastly improved work productivity. With more than 500,000 users and a presence in over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies, we are quickly expanding our stake in the high-growth, multibillion-dollar SaaS, PaaS and mobile markets.
QuickBase is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and was recently ranked as a Boston Business Journal best place to work. Come join us as we grow.
About the team:
At QuickBase, we believe that exceptional employees are not only the key to our success, but also to our customers’ success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive Finance excellence. Each team owns its own commitments and outcomes. Our employees enjoy interesting challenges, learn fast, and strive to do the best work of their life.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and is a critical member of the accounting operations team. This individual will be heavily involved in the monthly financial statement close, Procure-to-Pay (P2P) processes, annual audit, accounting and other financial systems, and accounting policies, procedures, and controls. The role will have significant interaction with the Controller, FP&A, and other operational stakeholders.
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries to the General Ledger and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Procurement operations, PO creation, invoice entry, payments, vendor management, and assistance with accrued expenses
- Perform daily cash journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangible assets and depreciation/amortization schedules
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card statements
- Assist with monthly close process including financial analysis and financial reporting
- Support annual audits with external auditors
- Assists with design and maintenance of company policies, procedures and controls
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting
- 3 years minimum of relevant experience in finance related roles and public accounting
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Understanding of GAAP accounting
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar system preferred
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team builder, encourager and collaborator
- Ability to tackle complex problems
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations