Eze Software Group is a premier provider of global investment technology offering 3 industry-leading products that support the front, middle, and back office: the Eze OMS™, RealTick EMS™, and Tradar PMS™. Eze Software serves more than 1,500 buy- and sell-side institutions in 30 countries across North and South America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. Its clients include broker-dealers, endowments, family offices, hedge funds, institutional asset managers, mutual funds, pension funds, and professional individual investors. Eze Software employs more than 1,000 people worldwide. It is based in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, London, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, Sydney, Hyderabad, and Toronto.
Staff Revenue Accountant will join our Finance and Accounting Team in Boston. The role will be responsible for accurate revenue recognition according to GAAP standards, as well as maintaining and reconciling accounts. This role will interact and coordinate with members of Finance, Sales, and Legal departments to ensure that all software license and professional services agreements are recorded in compliance with applicable external revenue recognition guidance and internal company policies. This role reports to the Associate Director, Revenue Accounting.
- Monthly preparation, review, analysis, and reconciliation of assigned revenue-related accounts
- Prepare and book journal entries across multiple companies in multiple currencies
- Maintain and improve revenue schedules, ensuring proper GAAP accounting treatment
- Assist with streamlining current processes and controls within revenue accounting
- Work with cross-functional groups to ensure agreements are structured in a way that accomplish sales and business objectives while maintaining compliance with revenue recognition requirements
- Prepare schedules for annual external audit and respond to inquiries from external auditors
- Assist with the implementation of the ASC 606 Revenue Recognition Standards project
- Assist in maintaining documentation and compliance of internal control policies
- Develop knowledge of Eze Software Group’s business and GAAP accounting to serve as a technical resource for others within the company
- Maintain professional and positive business relationships with internal and external customers and solicit information as needed to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Perform special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis, as required
- Responsibilities may extend to non-revenue accounts, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Must have knowledge of GAAP revenue recognition principles; knowledge of software industry and SaaS revenue accounting a plus.
- Experience with foreign currencies and international operational issues
- accounting experience preferred but not required