Who we are:
Cartera Commerce’s loyalty solutions serve 4 of the top 10 card issuers, 5 of the top 6 airlines, and over 900 retailers. We have recently joined with Ebates, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and a subsidiary of the global Internet services company, Rakuten. Cartera Commerce is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
About the position:
Cartera Commerce is seeking a Staff Accountant, Accounts Receivable to join our Finance team. The position encompasses traditional accounting functions including monthly close, managing the accounts receivable aging, cash application, collection efforts, preparing and recording journal entries, and performing account reconciliations and analysis. This position will report to the Controller.
- Full-cycle accounts receivable processing
- Prepare and record journal entries and maintain associated records and files
- Analyze information and prepare spreadsheet reports
- Post and apply cash receipts
- Make daily collection calls and interact with clients, merchants, and aggregators to resolve outstanding issues
- Payment processing (including checks, ACH and wires)
- Participate in the monthly GL close process by performing analysis on accounts assigned and preparing monthly reconciliations for various GL accounts.
- Generate and maintain accurate weekly aging reports
- Conduct detailed account research and analysis on a daily basis
- Identify and improve upon current accounting processes and spreadsheets specific to the job function, and document new processes accordingly
- Develop spreadsheets to track write-off’s, credit memo’s, and billing nuances
- Maintain complete and accurate merchant/client file and perform maintenance of database
- Assist the Controller and Finance team with special projects
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. For the right candidate, this could be an appropriate position to start a career.
- 1 to 2 years of related Accounting experience with strong general ledger background (will consider strong entry-level candidates with Accounting Internship experience)
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must
- Strong interpersonal and professional written/verbal communication skills
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization as well as with external aggregators, merchants and clients
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities in a deadline-oriented environment. Know when to take action and when to ask for help.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to quality and accuracy
- Enthusiasm for participating and communicating in our team-based department
- Strong MS Excel skills desired
At Cartera Commerce, our employees are our most valuable assets – they are Cartera. We want you to succeed and go far here. Our dynamic environment lets you be you, while still collaborating toward team success. We want fun, proactive, high-energy individuals to join us in making people happy. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and dental insurance, matching 401(k), company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, apply today!