Sr. Software Engineer
Thursday August 06, 2015
38 Chauncy Street United States
There are engineers who code for a living. But you’re an engineer who lives for coding. You stay up-to-date on the newest technologies and tinker with them in your free time. You’re at your best when given a voice and real ownership of your projects -- not when you’re just another number to your employer. You want to join a dynamic team of no-nonsense (well, some nonsense) A-players who are passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
We think we’re what you’ve been looking for.
Buildium’s next Software Engineer will have a voice on one of our small, cross-functional product teams. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager, UX Designers and Developers on your team to create beautiful, intuitive software.
Working at Buildium is unlike any other gig you've ever had. We’re casual, open, innovative and collaborative. But we have a singular focus: building a great company. We eat lunch together, talk about pop culture and current events, and genuinely enjoy each other’s company.
We don’t hire based on a list of buzzwords or acronyms on your resume. We’re looking for pragmatic, technical experts who are passionate about technology, demand excellence of themselves and others, and want to make a real difference.
- Design and develop across the entire stack, including the front-end, business, and data tiers
- Achieve 100% code coverage with comprehensive automated unit tests
- Produce high-quality C# and SQL code that’s optimized for performance and scalability
- Conduct design and code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices
- Help identify test cases, resolve issues, and fix bugs
- Give accurate time estimates based on verbal and written specs
- Contribute to documentation where required
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, .NET, MySQL, and automated unit testing
- Disseminate technical knowledge to the rest of the team wherever possible
- Identify and implement ways to improve how we build software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable web apps on the Microsoft platform preferred, but we'll consider smart people who are willing to learn
- Able to organize and clarify complex and nuanced business requirements
- Passionate about technology, wants to stay hands-on, and enjoys coding
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- Understands emerging web technologies
- Able to work in an unstructured, small company environment
- Self-motivated and willing to work through problems without obvious answers
- Competitive salary
- Take-what-you-need paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Group life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Opportunity to work in a small, innovative startup environment
- Ping-pong and foosball tables for superior hand-eye coordination