Tens of thousands of the world's most high-profile websites are powered by Drupal and the Acquia Cloud. This is your chance to make a profound impact on the tools and platform that powers those websites, while also greatly expanding your technical skills.
In this role, you'll be working with a team to develop and maintain a website management platform that allows our enterprise-class customers the ability to manage their many websites within a single cloud-based interface.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 13,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views monthly for our clients, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance & reliability and build powerful tools for software developers to effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about our customers' uptime, security, scalability and developer experience and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Our many site engineering team utilizes a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from PHP to Ruby to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
At Acquia we work on a variety of exciting projects ranging from running massive microservice infrastructures, to building highly available database clusters using the latest technologies, to building streaming log pipelines and ultimately being the best place in the world to run Drupal websites. We’re one of Amazon’s largest partners and run our workloads in 9 AWS regions.
- Work in an agile team owning and operating the services you build
- Design and develop tools that automate key processes in customer site operations and scale it to millions
- Design & develop a wide range of Platform as a Service features enabling the next generation of websites and applications to be built on Acquia Cloud
- Debug the toughest distributed systems production issues
- Share your expertise with customers, partners, and the open-source community via blogs, papers, talks, etc.
- Strong software development and technical leadership skills
- Passion for websites and website delivery architecture
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience with a scripting language such as PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Automated testing experience--Jenkins, TravisCI, PHPUnit, Cucumber, unit tests, system tests, etc.
- Experience working in open source projects
- 10 years of related experience (this is a mid to senior level role)
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Azure, etc.)
- Task automation experience
- Web Development (e.g., Drupal, CSS, JSON, jQuery, JS frameworks)
- Containerization: Docker, LXC, etc.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience