As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand to meet revenue and growth targets. You will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. Success in this role will be evidenced by strong product positioning and product introduction process; meeting/exceeding sales qualified leads to achieve revenue targets; and repeat customer purchasing.
- Positioning – develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy, their buying criteria and opportunities to offer new products and enter new markets; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Content - create a variety of content types – collateral, white papers, videos, presentations, etc. -- to fuel sales and marketing success
- Metrics - monitor and communicate product marketing program effectiveness metrics to the senior management team
- Thought Leadership - establish credibility as a visionary/thought leader in the HR marketplace, evangelizing to market influencers as well as prospects and customers
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience
- Skilled in using Pragmatic Marketing framework
- 5+ years of experience marketing enterprise SaaS products
- Solid understanding of HR market with expertise in HR and Comp/Benefits buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Ability to grasp and translate product features and technical capabilities into benefits
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Expert level skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
Core Skills, Competencies and Characteristics
- Experience working cross-functionally with Leadership, Sales and Sales Operations, Product Management, Client Success and others as needed, and influencing desired behavior
- Solid experience with interacting and building relationships with customers and partners
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to prospect and customer sites and industry events.