The Senior Lead Benefits Analyst is responsible for managing the strategic development of health and welfare programs including development, implementation and employee communications for multiple countries. Monitors the delivery of benefit and wellness programs, including managing brokers and vendors, and partners successfully with local HR and Business Site Leadership.
- Manages the strategic development of health and welfare programs including development, implementation, administration, and employee communications. Determine health & welfare benefit best practices by benchmarking best practices; researching industry and employment trends; tracking legislation and estimating the impact.
- Manage the annual renewals for each location and for the US, the Open Enrollment period, project managing from start to finish.
- Monitors plans and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for a location/country including ensuring all necessary filings are completed. Collaborates with HR systems team on new requests and/or issues.
- Ensure brokers and consultants are providing effective financial tracking and reporting, analyze variances and initiate corrective action. Provide leadership with the information necessary to make effective decisions relative to worldwide benefit programs.
- Develops and delivers clear, concise and relevant employee communication regarding benefit and wellness programs and events.
- Leads the retirement plan committees for respective locations.
- Develop and implement creative perks for locations to attract and retain key talent
- Implement and standardize process improvements related to benefits with documentation
- This role manages one direct report
- Exceptional organizational, negotiation, collaboration, and communication skills in order to effectively interact with employees, colleagues, vendors, and consultants.
- Highly proficient using Excel and Powerpoint and experience using benefit modules in HR systems and open enrollment online tools
- Exceptional time management skills to manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and present to leadership concise and sound benefit recommendations based on market data and business needs
- 6+ years of benefit experience within a global company and Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Demonstrated health and welfare benefit and technical knowledge. Experience with benefits administration to include medical (CDHP, PPO & HMO plans) and dental plans, health savings account (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSA), life, AD&D, short and long term disability. Knowledge of various laws such as ERISA, FMLA, , ACA, etc.