Sr. Financial Analyst Strategic Planning
What Rue is Up To?
Rue La La caused a groundbreaking disruption to the retail market in 2008 that has created an indisputable new and huge white space for online commerce. Based on a flash sales concept highlighting 2,000+ premium brands, Rue has successfully brought together three formerly disparate elements––merchandising, marketing and technology––in a completely novel way, catapulting growth to 15+ million members who generated ~ $400 million in gross revenues in 2014. Coupled with extraordinary leadership, a values-based culture, and a drive to be the innovator in all respects, from marketing techniques to online boutique themes to using our platform as a means for change in addition to commerce, Rue has emerged as the leading force in the premium/luxury component of the market.
And we are still just beginning.
Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Planning
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in strategic planning opportunities to drive growth and profitability in an expanding eCommerce environment. This position reports to the VP, Strategic Planning and has exposure to all aspects of the business and leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst , Strategic Planning will provide data-driven analysis in all aspects of the business and industry. In addition, this person will work closely with the senior business leaders to analyze the Company's most critical financial and strategic issues and develop actionable conclusions and recommendations.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives to help identify revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities, and improve internal business processes.
- Drive in-depth strategic analysis projects, identifying and implementing both revenue and operating efficiencies opportunities.
- Develop key business metrics and analytics that will allow the leadership team to clearly understand outcomes achieved, and provide insightful recommendations to optimize resource allocation.
- Develop financial models in support of the company's operations and strategic initiatives including corporate earnings and cash flow forecasts.
- Assist in analyzing monthly and quarterly results, including progressive refinement of insightful reporting and analysis.
- Assume responsibility for producing monthly Executive Summaries and Reporting Pack and Quarterly Board Presentations.
- Work closely with key business leaders to manage forecasting and budgeting processes, and apprise senior management of opportunities and risks.
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus.
- 3 – 5 years total work experience with a strong preference for candidates with a background in strategy consulting or corporate finance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Possess a strategic approach, sound business judgment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- An excellent understanding of financial statements and experience with financial reporting, planning and analysis.
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively, achieve commitments and deliver results.
- Possess a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to establish positive relationships with senior management and outside audiences.
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with business performance management systems (e.g. Essbase) and business intelligence software a plus, and experience working and extracting information from various accounting platforms (Tableau) also beneficial.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
IT IS UNLAWFUL IN MASSACHUSETTS TO REQUIRE OR ADMINISTER A LIE DETECTOR TEST AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.