- InsightSquared is a fast growing company that’s reinventing the way businesses are run and breaking down the traditional BI establishment.
- We’re a SaaS company with a fantastic product that is changing how leaders use insights to grow their businesses
- We’re funded by a team of great investors who believe in our vision. The list includes Salesforce.com (we’re the only analytics company that can say that), Accomplice and Bessemer
- We are a 3 time winner of The Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" award
- Our product is great. Our market is huge. We're looking to grow our customer base even faster than we have so far, and need personable and whip-smart technical gurus to help the sales team get it done. If you have what it takes, we can’t wait to talk to you.
Goals of the Solutions Consultant Role
The Solutions Consultant is the primary technical advisor to the sales team and a product evangelist to prospective customers. Our inside sales representatives masterfully help prospects determine whether our product can address their problems, but they need a product and technical expert to help develop & convey solutions for unusual and complex needs.
If you were here today
You would be sitting with the sales team, helping close deals ranging from small & straightforward to huge & gnarly. You lead and participate in conversations with prospective customers, run in depth product demonstrations for prospects who need more than a basic overview, and provide recommendations and support to the sales team.
You will officially be a member of our customer success team -- a dynamic, collaborative group of problem-solvers -- and will be encouraged to rely on colleagues throughout the company who can provide perspectives and expertise that can help you propose compelling solutions to our prospective customers.
- You must combine the drive and charisma of a salesperson with an engineer’s passion for solving complex problems.
- Your sales side:
- Love our product, persuade the skeptics, and revel in closing the deal
- Develop and deliver awe-inspiring product demonstrations that target a company’s pain-points and business model
- Speed the sales process and set up customers for success by proactively uncovering and addressing any technical roadblocks
- Build and nurture enduring customer relationships
Your engineering side:
- Devise creative product uses and highlight impactful CRM best practices that will enable a customer to achieve their goals for BI
- Leverage your formidable technical know-how to design configuration techniques that get the right data out of a customer’s head, into their CRM, and then into the InsightSquared reports that matter to them
- Partner with our customer-facing and technical teams to develop solutions that are efficient for the company and wildly successful for our customers
You will become fluent in our technology and product positioning and adept at thinking on your feet. These skills enable you to switch smoothly between all the languages of a software company:
- The sales team and customers speak in requests, needs, and priorities
- Software and database administrators speak in Python, SQL, and CRM configuration lingo
- Software engineers speak in product specs, software components, and Agile project management
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in technical sales (strong preference)
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the team and be extremely coachable
- Experience with Salesforce.com desired
- Love crushing goals and gongs
- Personable, clear, and concise communication style via email, on the phone, and in person
- Bachelors required, Computer Science background a plus
- Based here in Boston (this is not a remote job)
Think you can be a top-performing Solutions Consultant and a key member of our quickly-growing company? Drop us your resume and let us know why you will crush it.