The Solution Architect is responsible for translating client business requirements into an approach for the integration of One Door’s Merchandising Cloud and Planning Cloud applications into a client’s existing and/or future operating environment. Working as part of the One Door and client implementation/integration teams, the Solution Architect is a trusted advisor who understands the client’s business, deeply understands our Merchandising and Planning Cloud software.
- Earn the status of trusted advisor and SME with prospects, clients, and colleagues.
- Translate client requirements into solutions that will create value for our customers and support the sales team by providing deep expertise of our solutions/products to help drive deals (including partner offerings), assess and resolve client technology problems by proposing solutions that leverage One Door and our partner offerings.
- Develop Best Practice materials, and develop solution/technical architectures, blueprints, and product configurations for the client as part of the implementation process.
- Provide functional and technical expertise around client software, data integration, and services both internally and externally.
- Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design and configuration requirements.
- Aligning final solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions.
- Independently lead the estimations for projects.
- Offer domain expertise around Category Management, Space Planning, process optimization, and industry best-practices.
- Provide guidance and support on overall implementation strategy.
- Perform systems demonstrations both in-person and via online meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships through excellent customer engagement skills, expert product knowledge and understanding of client’s business needs and requirements.
- Provides timely feedback to Product, Sales, and leadership teams regarding implementation status and challenges.
- Coordinates with internal teams (Product Management and Sales) to represent client’s existing and future product needs.
- Recommends industry and client solutions best practices to clients to ensure adoption.
- Identifying opportunities for client growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience in the field required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation, and /or interactive design and architecture experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task across multiple teams.
- Hands-on experience with Category Management and Space Planning solutions.
- Experience providing a vision to the total solution, managing a track of work and defining a comprehensive solution leading toward a common vision, architecting, and managing end to end delivery of full scale enterprise projects & applications.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of Consulting, and/or Client Services experience working with retailers is preferred.
- The ideal candidates have previous experience working with customers around Category Management and Space Planning, with focus in the Retail industry. This client-facing role must confidently work with all levels of customer organizations tailoring their communication to meet the needs of various stakeholders including C-level decision makers.
- Experience in leading medium-large enterprise software projects.
- Ability to review and assist with SOW’s, ability to negotiate scope, develop project plan, estimations, architecture design and develop analysis framework for an engagement.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence without authority.
- Language skills not required, but a plus.
- Must be able to travel approximately 75% of the time.
One Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as One Door does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.