Cambridge Semantics is seeking Software Solutions Engineers with 0-4 years of experience to apply our Anzo software suite for specific customer challenges. We're looking for smart self-starters with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who enjoy picking up new technologies, thrive on independence, and are motivated by the prospect of finding an excellent solution to a tough problem.
As a Software Solutions Engineer you will use your skills to:
- Quickly understand difficult technical and business challenges facing our customers and find unique and practical solutions.
- Work with customers (often Fortune 500 companies) in diverse and exciting industries such as the pharmaceutical, financial, and retail industries.
- Create solutions that tackle challenges in domains such as drug discovery and research, competitive intelligence, marketing/sales, and data governance.
- Use and extend the Anzo product suite to rapidly build customer solutions.
- You will work with state-of-the-art technologies for bringing data together, for extracting data from natural language, and creating new, dynamic ways to interact with large amounts of data.
- Manage implementation projects to ensure smooth communication with the customer and timely completion of project tasks.
- Participate in various parts of the business by collaborating with product management, development, and sales as required to improve and showcase the Anzo products.
- Computer Science degree with 3.4 GPA or more.
- Software development or coding experience.
- Professional services or customer interface experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to analyze customers' business problems and apply technology solutions.
Any of the following experience is also desirable:
- Experience implementing software solutions in the field.
- Experience implementing business intelligence software packages such as QlikView, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, or Hyperion.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Semantic Web (RDF, SPARQL, OWL), BPM software, drools or other rules systems.
These positions are located in our Boston, MA office and in the Midwest/Indianapolis area.
These positions require some travel.
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics Inc. is an industry-leading semantic information management company. Semantic Web technologies bring a revolutionary flexibility to data management within the enterprise and on the Web and are some of the most exciting technological innovations since the advent of the Internet. We are a high-energy, high-tech company that is experiencing rapid growth. Our team comprises some of the world's leading experts in Semantic Web technology. Our recent industry recognition includes winning the 2012 KMWorld Promise Award, the 2012 BioIT World Best of Show Award, and being selected as one of Information Management's Top 40 Vendors to Watch.
If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you.