Software quality assurance engineer
Utilidata is a global software company that utilizes patented technologies to leverage real-time information about the electric distribution grid. We make the grid smarter by reducing waste, increasing reliability, and saving money-working with utilities to scale solar, wind, and other power resources to get out ahead of today’s transforming energy market. We do this by connecting, automating, and managing control throughout the utility’s distribution system. Given how we interact with the grid, Utilidata is in a unique position to address today’s quickly evolving cyber security challenges.
The successful candidate will be proficient in developing, modifying, and executing software test plans to ensure Utilidata solutions meet high quality standards.
- Collaborate with development and deployment teams
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
- Document software bugs using tracking system, and report bugs to Software Development team
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of software QA testing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in testing methodologies and experience with standard QA and development tools
- Experience with Linux Operating system
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
- Experience working as part of an Agile team (Scrum or related)
- Ability to apply to quantitative analytical techniques
- Experience with LabVIEW or SilkTest automation tools
- Experience with MySQL
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within teams
- Excellent communication skills
Utilidata provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.