Software Engineer, Vacation Rentals
Tuesday February 05, 2013
141 Needham St
Are you looking to build something new? Do you want to join a team working with trusted payments, social, and mobile? Do you have a proven track record of delivering high quality results, while thriving in a quickly paced environment?
If so, then look no further. The Vacation Rentals Team, a separate business unit within TripAdvisor, is looking for smart, motivated, and talented engineers to join our team as we build the next big product within TripAdvisor. If this sounds like a good gig, we'd love to talk to you.
…Sounds good. What will I work on?
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, to the servlets and backend services, down to the database.
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team.
- Work with core engineering, marketing, and our content teams to lead our continuing initiatives to maintain high content quality.
Great…How do I get this sweet gig?
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Java and Object-Oriented architectures
- Comfortable with Linux and its standard utilities
- An understanding of AJAX and other Web 2.0 technologies
- Communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
- Prior experience in small startup environment a plus
- Driven results within a strong, talented, opinionated team
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 56 million unique monthly visitors*, and over 75 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also operates TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to TripAdvisor's millions of monthly visitors. TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 69 million unique monthly visitors**.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, Worldwide, May 2012
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, May 2012
©2012 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
***NO RECRUITERS PLEASE***