At CarGurus you are able to solve a myriad of challenges and own how they are resolved. On a day to day basis our team is creating highly scalable web applications in the areas of search, data analysis, crowd sourcing and process automation. We have strong fundamentals and are developing algorithms, object oriented code, and working with data structures. We manage projects from design, to code implementation, debugging, troubleshooting and push projects to production as soon as they are ready. As a part of our team, you will work in a true full stack environment touching the front end, middle tier, and the backend for each project. You will enjoy a flexible schedule, free time that you won't have to spend in meetings (because we don't have them), and autonomy over your work. If you are entrepreneurial and thrive in a changing, fast-paced environment than this is an ideal place for you.
- Excellent fundamental code abilities and a fondness for exploring new languages and frameworks
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn data into insights
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
- Problem solving instincts and a desire to get issues resolved quickly
- Ability to work autonomously but an interest in working collaboratively and learning from others
- BS in Computer Science or related experience