Looking for the next step in your career? At Rapid7, you’ll join a world class team of thinkers and problem solvers who prioritize individual growth and team collaboration over ego and attitude, while building products that solve the world’s toughest security challenges.
You’ll deliver the future of the Komand Security Automation and Orchestration Platform, working closely with other engineers, UX designers, and product owners. You’ll participate in every aspect of product development from design and planning, through implementation and testing, to deployment.
Successful candidates should not only be technology wizards, but have a demonstrated focus on solving customer problems. You should love being part of a challenging and fast-paced engineering environment, delivering new features quickly with quality. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor and be mentored in state of the art technologies such as Go and Docker and grow your career as a technology leader.
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Solid grasp on writing testable code
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully evaluate and choose technologies in designing features and communicate the pros/cons to your peers
- Good organizational skills (e.g. ability to accurately break down and scope work from user stories in JIRA)
- Experience writing and maintaining SQL queries
- Linux familiarity
- Agile development experience (including scrum, code reviews, test-driven development, continuous integration)
Nice to Have
- Experience with Golang development and common tooling
- Experience with message queues or similar technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Docker, rkt, or other container experience
- Frontend engineering experience (e.g. React, Backbone, Angular)
- Amazon Web Services experience