Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Are you passionate about world class software engineering? Do you know how to build large scale services based architectures to solve real business problems? If so, read on!
As a Software Engineer II on the Commerce B2B Core Squad, you will join a group of pragmatic visionaries building the next generation platform to delivery on Cimpress’ number one strategic priority.
You are someone who can argue the importance of PUTs being idempotent and who knows REST is not only something you do when asleep. You demand continuous delivery, automated testing and have a strong opinion on how a modern software engineering ecosystem should work. You thrive in a merit based environment with other smart people, and are confident enough to hold your own. You write great code, and expect the same of others on the team.
You will be expected to provide technical leadership at Cimpress, and your experience and input will make a difference. You will advocate and evangelize micro services architecture and the REST API vision. You will be hands on writing beautiful, highly scalable code that will fuel our growth towards $2B in revenue. The Commerce B2B Core Squad is a growing team with a large and highly visible mandate and great chemistry. In addition to great technical skills, we expect you to bring a passion and eagerness for both learning and teaching, as well as a positive attitude and a desire to help contribute to a fun and inclusive work environment.
Our technology ecosystem currently has about 2 dozen services, and growing. Some are Java (DropWizard) based while others are NodeJS apps running on Linux. We believe that having a diverse toolbox allows us to solve a larger array of challenges using the right tools, and that smart people will make smart decisions on which tools to use. We’re constantly looking for new and interesting ways to solve problems. As part of our development ecosystem, we also use solutions such as Git/Stash, Puppet, AWS, Terraform, Vagrant, Maven, Artifactory, HipChat and Jenkins.
If you are as excited as us about building highly scalable and performant solutions at web scale, you should come talk with us!
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in at least one mainstream development language, with Java or NodeJS being preferred
- Experience in asynchronous event based programming and processing of messages
- Designing and implementing services to support multi-tenant architectures, data isolation, scalability, and caching approaches.
- Experience in recent, modern software development and a desire to write (and review) code every day
- Passion for building high volume, distributed and scalable RESTful services in a continuous delivery environment
- Proficiency with a major scripting language such as Ruby or
- Ability to excel on an extremely talented team in a fast paced environment
- Experience with high volume transactional systems
- Be detail oriented and an analytical problem solver
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $1.5BB in revenue, operations in 19 countries and merchants that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.