Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
We are looking for a versatile backend engineer. You’ll work cross-functionally with UI, Backend and Dev-ops engineering teams, and have frequent opportunity to obtain feedback directly from people who work in the dynamically evolving software security field.
Backend engineer will help define and build the next generation of end point security applications. This is more than a chance to write amazing code with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how hundreds of companies and governments visualize and neutralize threats to their networks. This is where global politics meet your code and the people who it empowers. Join us to make something that matters.
What You’ll Bring
As a backend engineer at Carbon Black, you’ll build a highly scalable and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data. You will have tons of room to grow, but we have some starting requirements that we want to see in you:
- 3-7 years of experience developing server side applications
- Proficient in Java and relational database technologies
- Experience building Restful APIs
- Experience in scaling solutions and hence reducing the cost footprint in production
- Ability to design and solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with highly available and scalable SaaS systems
- Experience with at least one SCM system like Git
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with AWS and Elastic Search
- Working knowledge of a CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of messaging systems like JMS, AMQP, SQS
What You’ll Do
Work on solutions to process and store terabytes of data
Build a backend data processing pipeline that is resilient to failures and is highly scalable
Build a distributed application to process a lot of streaming data
Build Restful APIs to query terabytes of data
Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
Proactively move the technology base to use latest tools and frameworks
Collaborate with product management, operations, quality and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution
Support and maintain existing production code in the field and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our client base
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.