Why be a Toaster?
"Toast provides a flexible working environment, where everyone can work on what they want to, and also a supportive team that helps to learn fast." - Yifei S, Software Engineer
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who love building great software. We are building a system to handle web-scale utilizing the best set of technology available to us. From our core application built on top of android to a java micro service architecture on the back end we are not afraid of new technology and really hard problems with data flying around on thousands of devices and syncing to one another and our back end. We work hard to provide a well designed user interface for users that notice the milliseconds needed to enter a hamburger and to provide the infrastructure stability necessary so that this complex distributed system "just works". We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
- Build and maintain high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participate in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Think in terms of the end-user and design accordingly
- Survey and evaluate available technology options
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or relevant experience)
- Strong foundation in computer science and ability to pick up new technologies (most development is done in java but not required)
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solve real problems
- Android software development experience
- Great opportunity to join the next big thing
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock options at a well funded company
- Awesome collaborative co-workers