Tuesday January 29, 2013
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a cloud computing company and leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com.
We are looking for some of the smartest people in the field to join our team.
Scalability and reliability are the biggest challenges facing any cloud provider like Carbonite. The Customer Focus Team is tasked with managing scalability while providing excellent customer experience. The Customer Focus Team is a task force that deals with automation, new tools development, product fixes and improvements that are focused on either a quick response to our customers or scaling of our server infrastructure. We store billions of files and more than 50 petabytes of data. In case you are curious: 50 PB is equivalent to the entire written works of mankind, from the beginning of recorded history, in all languages. This requires a person to have a broad view of the architecture to analyze potential problems, and also deep understanding of certain components of the system.
We are looking for you if you answer “yes” to most of the questions below:
- Do you like solving complex problems?
- Do you like having a holistic view of the system to address problems?
- Do you get excited about automating things?
- Do you get excited about writing new tools?
- Would you like to gain insight into how to provide exceptional customer response?
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Superior programming skills.
- Experience with C++.
- Strong understanding of object oriented principles.
- Experience developing and debugging multi-threaded applications on Windows.
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
- Experience with database systems is desirable.
- Any scripting language.
- Master’s degree is preferable but not a must.
Carbonite has the unique culture of a publicly traded company with the small company feel. All of our employees, from executives to managers to support reps have an open door policy, and as a company we encourage different departments to interact with one another frequently by developing solutions that can make everyone‘s workday better! Carbonite is an agile company with an informal work environment located in the heart of Back Bay Boston.