Wednesday January 02, 2013
121 High Street
in 2010, Kyruus is a Big Data analytics startup focused on healthcare. Based
out of Boston, we are helping medical professionals find and connect with the
right physicians to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes across the
country. Our team is comprised of talented serial entrepreneurs with degrees
from top schools and deep industry experience. Backed by leading venture
capital firms Venrock, Highland Capital, Lux Capital, and Fidelity Biosciences,
we already tout the top healthcare organizations as clients with lots of growth
you hope to work in a vibrant, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
If you love data as much as we do, and you are passionate about improve
healthcare, check out our current openings, or email us at email@example.com!
Software Architect at Kyruus, you'll work directly with the CTO, Product, and
Engineering team, focusing on researching new technologies, designing
prototypes, and developing advanced product features. If you have designed
software products focused on processing, managing and analyzing large amounts
of data, and enjoy trying out the latest technologies, and practicing varied
approaches, we encourage you to apply today.
- Translate business requirements into
- Lead and coach software development
teams on a project-by-project basis.
- Contribute to buy vs. build decisions
through researching latest technologies.
- Design data/object models and interface
- Document and communicate results to
stakeholders and application developers.
- Make data-driven decisions by identifying
metrics to quantify various aspects of a large SaaS environment; Collect and analyze
- Prepare deployment architectures
including hardware selection, build cost models, optimize price/performance
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, or
related, and/or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in Java programming
including multi-threading, web services, Json/XML processing, ORM/JDBC.
- 3+ years experience in designing
complex, scalable, highly-available distributed software products.
- 3+ years experience in API design,
relational data modeling and object-oriented design.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing
including multi-dimensional data modeling (ROLAP), ETL data processing concepts
- Experience with big data technologies
like map-reduce (Hadoop), NoSQL databases (Hbase) and distributed streaming.
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with
statistical modeling and machine learning is a strong plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile
- Excellent written and verbal
- Experience working in
a team environment