Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, workflows, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Work with Developers to create database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, backup, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; and supporting documentation.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Evaluation of data accuracy, completeness, timeliness and stability to establish repeatable, sustainable processes to maintain.
- Assist with Proof of concept, data correlation, data integrity and processes that require coordination of efforts across multiple business areas.
- Provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing systems. Ensure adherence to data management standards and practices. Develop best practices, standards of excellence, and guidelines to enforce and guide behavior.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Database Administrator/Architect
Should have experience with tools in each of these areas:
- Data Modeling skills/tools (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS related Db technologies, SQL Server Management Studio (SMS), etc.)
- Data Integration, Analytics and Business Intelligence (BI) Skills / Tools (e.g. SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Server (SSRS), etc.
- Data Warehousing, ETL, SQL Databases, and Administration.
- Experience providing practical direction on information and analytic platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- Experience using with project management, ITIL and SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with working with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching and the ability to analyze and translate this data to find business conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience in working in teams, matrix organizations, and across functions to accomplish results.
- A well-established track record of providing solutions designs to highly visible large-scale projects that center on emerging, complex or unproven technologies.
- Security Experience a plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The Cb Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Today, Carbon Black has approximately 2,000 worldwide customers, including 25 of the Fortune 100 and more than 600 employees. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.