Site Reliability Engineer
TimeTrade Systems needs a Site Reliability Engineer. Our Hosting Operations team is at the center of everything in the company, including writing our own job postings. We need help wrangling 500+ cloud servers running CentOS for a 24x7 SaaS company operating all across the globe. Can you use ‘puppet’ and ‘chef’ in a sentence that’s not about Sesame Street? You could be the one.
- Care and feeding of CentOS 6/7 and Windows servers hosted in AWS and SoftLayer.
- Support web-stack applications on cloud platforms.
- Help design, build and maintain configuration management automation and deployment automation with Ansible.
- Deployment of applications to Tomcat, WebSphere, Glassfish, Apache, nginx, Zend, IIS.
- Build auto-scaled systems with Docker and AnsibleServer and application level performance monitoring and alerting with an acute sense of what is signal and what is noise.
- Server-level troubleshooting of TimeTrade applications. Our applications never break, but you know, just in case.
- Manage SMTP mail flow to service providers. Can you SPF your DKIM with a DMARC? We need that.
- Setup firewalls and routing for typical tiered web application hosting. Know your default routes from your CIDRs.
- Provide and maintain system documentation.
- Best practice for OS, network, and application hardening. You never met a default password you liked.
- Continual evaluation of processes and technologies we use and suggesting areas for improvement.
- Act as an off-hours on-call contact (5-6 week rotation).
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Certifications aren’t as important to us as real-world experience, but a fancy certificate from Red Hat or maybe Microsoft or Cisco wouldn’t hurt.
- CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SoftLayer, Amazon Web Services or similar.
- Ansible / Puppet / Chef, Docker
- Web-stack support with WebSphere, Glassfish, Tomcat
- PHP or Zend clustering, nginx, Apache httpdJenkins, Nexus
- Shell scripting, Python
- Nagios, New Relic, Graylog monitoring tools
- SQL queries, MS SQL performance tuning
- Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ZooKeeper
- Working in a SOC environment.
Minimum of a four-year college degree or 6 years of equivalent work experience.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your career experiences and salary requirements.
The Site Reliability Engineer works out of our headquarters in Tewksbury, Massachusetts. This position is open for immediate hire.
If you're a talented, creative and high-energy person, we want you to work here. Why work here? Our office’s are pretty cool for a suburban office park. The water is so close to the windows you’ll think you’re working on a boat. Everyone gets a MacBook Pro and crazy-big display, or a Windows machine if you’re into that. All that and you get the day before a holiday weekend off just because. Who else does that?
The world’s most well respected brands in retail, banking and industries worldwide use TimeTrade to deliver on their brand promise of a truly personalized customer experience. TimeTrade’s Responsive Customer Engagement Platform allows consumers to connect with a brand, anywhere, anytime – and then gives companies deeper insight than ever before about what consumers want next. The result: higher sales and lifetime, repeat customers.
TimeTrade integrates easily with enterprise sales, marketing, service, CRM, and business process management systems to accelerate bottom-line business results and drive inbound sales, while enhancing customer experience and loyalty.
More than 380 million connections have been made between consumers and businesses using TimeTrade’s scalable Responsive Engagement Platform, directly translating into more than $2 billion in commerce every year.
TimeTrade offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Stock Options
- Flexible spending plans
- Life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Generous vacation time