Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Our Support team is recognized as experts. Our customers will turn to you for technical help or to identify new product solutions for changing needs. You’ll be translating Engineering-speak into clear directions for customers and ensure you’re teaching them best practices. You’ll be compassionate through customer problems while balancing urgency for issue resolution. In the end, you’ll work hard to guarantee customer success.
Why You Matter
The Service Desk Analyst is part of a team that is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of Carbon Black solutions. They are, in many ways, the post-sale “face of Carbon Black” and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems with a sense of urgency.
As a Carbon Black Service Desk Analyst, you will provide the first level of contact for queries via phone, email and the web portal of the CRM solution. Queries will range in complexity from ‘how to’ questions, setting up portal access through basic troubleshooting. A successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills as well as good analytic and troubleshooting skills. This resource will be responsible for basic diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and be expected to provide first level analysis and documentation to the Tier2 support team.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Provide attention to cases according to Service Level Agreements and customer status
- Provide Tier1, first point of contact and basic troubleshooting for customer issues
- Conduct customer follow ups for existing cases
- Handle portal access requests and issues for customers
- Assist customers in basic installation and deployment of Carbon Black’s software products
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and Tier2 support
- Contribute to documentation, knowledge base article library and customer forums
- Participate in a variety of team projects to ensure data integrity and usefulness of the knowledge base
What You’ll Bring
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer service or help desk supporting software technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and works well on their own or as a member of a team
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Exposure to MS SQL Server technologies
- Basic familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies a plus
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skill a plus
- OSX or Linux experience a plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyber-attacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyber-attacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.