Senior Vice President, Product
Thursday November 29, 2012
15 Park Row West
Andera, a venture-backed SaaS company, is transforming the way financial institutions acquire customers by providing a unified sales platform to simplify the account opening and lending process across online, mobile, or in-person experiences. We are motivated by the enormous opportunities to use technology to solve legacy problems in the enterprise environment, and nowhere is that need greater than the paper-based processes of the financial services industry. Remember the last time you applied for a loan or a checking account? Imagine if it was quick, painless, and paper less.
The SVP Products, reporting to the CEO, is responsible for refining and executing a strategic plan for Andera’s products, including development and oversight of Andera’s product road map based on market demand, customer experience, efficiency gains, and relative cost-benefit analysis. The SVP Products will work with other Andera department heads and interface directly with key financial institution clients in order to help shape the product strategy.
Candidates with financial services experience will be welcome, but our primary interest is in candidates with experience managing turnkey enterprise SaaS or online software products, regardless of industry. Know how to package an enterprise offering so that it’s easy to buy, implement, and support, but still feature-rich and flexible enough to satisfy corporate customers? We want to talk to you, and think you will find the opportunity challenging and rewarding.
- Develop a high-performance team of product managers, technical product managers, UX and visual design staff.
- Define and deliver a comprehensive product strategy and a short, medium and long-term product road map.
- Ensure that all product deliverables are delivered on time and meet the needs of all cross functional departments – including internal documentation, sales and marketing content, training materials, and client-facing content (detailed release notes and quarterly client newsletters).
- Ensure that Andera is well positioned in the marketplace by collaborating with the Marketing team – participate and lead tradeshow events, participate in forums and blogs, do interviews with mainstream and financial services press, work with analysts to brief them on new products, marketplace insights, and long-term vision for the future of financial services.
- Listen to and communicate with customers, partners, staff, the board and all other stakeholders to validate and deliver upon a set of products that is optimized for all constituents.
- Use data as well as qualitative feedback to inform product enhancements
- 10+ years of increasing experience and background in product management and development, with demonstrated track record in shipping successful software products.
- Significant experience in SaaS or online services, preferably in the enterprise environment, from companies such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite, Workday, MortgageBot, SuccessFactors, Constant Contact, Bazaarvoice, Dealertrack, Zendesk, Concur, RightNow, Taleo, RealPage, Yammer, Hubspot, Box, 37 Signals, etc.
- If coming from a large company, preference given to candidates who have had P&L responsibility for their products or been heavily incented by financial performance of their products
- Experience in managing virtual teams in more than one location/time zone.
- Expert presenter in small briefings with analysts, customer visits, large presentations to tradeshows and on camera.
- Expert “wordsmith” and “language” person that can succinctly express complicated messages
- Very capable at balancing the needs of the now (aka firefighting) with strategic vision.
- Must be media savvy and literate in communications.
- Great juggler – must be able to manage multiple competing priorities with multiple clients and releases in order to ensure the best possible outcome.
Financial services experience preferred (particularly in online banking or origination technology), but not required.
Must be experienced in developing software for the internet and at high-speed using iterative design approaches and agile development methodologies.
This position is located in NYC or Providence, RI (commuting distance from Boston)
Some domestic travel (10-20%) will be involved due to multiple office locations, national client base and conference attendance